Hamilton Child Care Centre respects the privacy of its online visitors.
Online Privacy Statement
Hamilton Child Care Centre (ACN ???), (“HCCC”) respects the privacy of its online visitors.
This policy statement applies to all users and browsers of this web site.
This web site is not used to collect information which identifies you personally without your knowledge. If you choose to email us, the information that we collect will be that information which is contained or inherent in your email, such as the email address and any other information you volunteer.
If you simply browse this website, the information we receive is statistical only and will not be used to identify you personally.
Nevertheless, you should be aware that there are inherent security risks in using and transmitting information across the internet – others may have access to the information you send and receive without your knowledge. Most internet browser software contains security settings which you can use to enhance your level of security.
This website makes some use of technical data that does not personally identify browsers, including:
- Computer Address Information– to enable communication between your computer and the server hosting this website, it is necessary that your web browser provides your computer’s network address, including the top level domain name (eg .com, .gov, .org, etc), so that our web server can address its “replies” back to the correct machine. In addition, the browser type and operating systems which you use may also be recorded.
- Session, Navigation and Clickstream Data– when you browse this website a trail of the pages you have visited is generated as well as a record of the amount of data transferred and the date, time and duration of access. It may also log the previous site you have visited. This information is recorded against the network address supplied by your web browser.
- Cookies– a cookie is a very small text file placed on to your computer when you visit a website. “Session cookies” are used to make your visit to this website more effective, by temporarily storing a record of your navigation of the site. They are discarded at the end of the browsing session. Otherwise you might lose the entire search context each time a new page is visited during a session, making the browsing experience more time consuming.
Most web browser software enables you to decide whether you wish to reject or accept cookies. Check with your software supplier if you are not sure. If cookies are disabled, you may find this website provides less than desirable functionality and speed, for the reasons described above.
- Use and Disclosure– the aforementioned information may be collected and recorded in logs archived for use by our website manager. The statistics generated by the collection of this information may help us to improve our website from time to time by making it easier to navigate and more interesting. It may also prompt us to investigate market trends and preferences for various services we offer. No information collected in the abovementioned manner will be linked or recorded to your name, address or other identifier. HCCC may therefore disclose it to third parties to assist HCCC with management issues without breaching your privacy.
Personally Identifiable Information
As noted above, we will generally collect information that personally identifies an individual by means of the internet when we receive an email from an individual.
We will use the email address and other information you supply to respond to your message or to supply you with the information or service requested.
If we wish to use your personal information to advise you about other HCCC services or opportunities to help us with our mission, we will inform you of this and provide you with an opportunity to decline to receive such communications from us.
The instances where we may disclose your personal information to third parties are where:
- we have your consent; or
- making the disclosure is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected the information and we deem that you would reasonably have expected us to make the disclosure; or
- we are required to do so by law.
Access, Further Information and Complaints
You have a right of access to personal information held by HCCC which identifies you. This right is “qualified” because there are some circumstances in which the Privacy Act entitles or requires us to withhold access.
All requests for exercising this right of access should be made to the HCCC through the below contact details. If you would like further information or if you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of information please contact the centre:
02 4962 1334